New Look-Little Black Dress

Monday 6 October 2014


The Little Black Dress

 There is a story behind this dress as it wasn't the original one. My friend Alice turned 18 on Friday 3rd October and organised a night out the next night on the Saturday. It was thought that I wasn't actually going to go to the night out as I was meant to be at university but I ended up not going! So as I was home I was able to attend the birthday girls night! I was super excited and rushed to buy a new dress from my favourite online retailer Missguided! In a rush I purchased a black strapless dress which looked absolutely stunning on the model...however...it look blinking awful on me! In all honest I thought I looked like a striper!! It revealed to much and I just didn't feel comfortable :( I was left with the option of wearing one of my older dresses which I didn't really want to do (yanno wearing things twice and all) and I wanted to wear a black dress which I didn't have!

That Saturday I went into town with Adam and tried to find a dress! I saw a black floral one on New Looks website so went into the store to try and find it! They literally had every single dress on there website in the store apart from that one! I was gutted, panicked and frustrated as I didn't know what I was going to do! Then I came across a black dress. Simple, nothing much on the hanger and plain. My mum has always told me that never judge an item of clothing when it's on the hanger...give it ago and go and try it on. So I did. 


I trotted off to the changing room, not to optimistic may I add, and tried it on. "Wow" I said to myself as I looked in the mirror. "It's BEAUTIFUL!" It was unbelievably comfortable, it sat in all the right places and it looked pretty! As It was such a beautiful dress I thought it would cost a ton! Preparing myself for disappointment I slowly peaked at the tag! £17.99, £17.99 for this stunning dress!!! SOLD. 

I rushed off to the till, grabbing Adam along the way, and snapped the BEAUTY UP! I then realised I didn't have any shoes or a clutch bag to go with it...woops! 

Remembering I had been given a £10 Primark gift card I headed off to Primark to pick up a new pair of heels and a clutch bag. Pointed toe heels are very much in this Autumn/Winter and I was lucky enough to find the last pair in Primark in my size! They only cost £9 as-well *BARGAIN*. I also picked up a snake skin patterned clutch bag which was only £6 that had hold detailing. 


Primark- £9
Primark £9



Primark- £6




Primark- £6



I got so many comments on the dress and I felt very comfortable! The shoes were comfy too, took sometime to get used to the height of them though as they where very high! I had a fantastic night out for Alice's 18th (she looked absolutely stunning) and it was full of laughs, dancing and a lot of alcohol! 

Like the outfit? Don't forget to follow :D 

Aleesha Mariah
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this post! You look so gorgeous in this dress! Absolute stunner cannot wait to see your next post! xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS