Lazy Sundays | Morning Snuggles & Autumn Strolls

Tuesday 21 October 2014


The leaves are changing colour. They are falling to the ground. The sun is setting earlier and earlier each day and the temperature is slowly dropping. It's Autumn, my favourite season of them all! 

Initially the plan was to go to Exeter for the day for a girly shopping trip with mother. However, that Sunday feeling set in and we all became very lazy! So instead my morning was spent in bed snuggled up with my mum and sister Brooke. I say lazy Sunday but my idea of a lye in is till about 11am, however Brooke had different ideas and rocked up in my bedroom at 8:30! It wasn't even a nice awakening her exact words where "Come on Leesha, get up now!"


Okehampton is one of my favourite places, don't ask me why I just love it for some reason! I think it's the drive out to there. The beautiful moors and views of the ten tors just makes me feel happy! It's a very traditional small town, something that I love! Nearly everything is closed on a Sunday. Only a few shops and cafes where open so there wasn't much to do in the town centre. We headed off for a stroll around Simmons Park, a beautiful woodland area right next to a park and local college. 

We walked right alongside the river, crunching our way through all the freshly fallen leaves. So pretty! 
Adam however was a little annoyed that all the falling leaves where landing in his hair! We came across a house, which I thought looked as if it should be covered in candy, that belonged to the grounds keeper. With all the tall tree's and orange and brown leaves surrounding the house it felt as if we weren't in England any more, instead we where in Canada! 


I feel as if I need to visit the house at Christmas, just to see how they have decorated it! Don't you think it will look so pretty? 


Adam introduced me to a game called "Poo Stick", I know sounds disgusting! What you have to do is chuck a stick in the river on one side of the bridge and see who's stick comes out the over side first. How you are meant to identify who's stick is who's is beyond me but for some reason Adam kept thinking he was winning each time!? **COUGH-CHEAT**


 I love the photo above, the pattern on the bridge is so cute! There is even little dog paw prints engraved into it! Awww!! 

 Look at all the leaves! 



We then found a little trail or maze even which had cute little ponds, steeping stones and water features. It was only small but was gorgeous! When you looked up all the leaves where falling down off of the tall tree's, landing next to you as you walked, or if you Adam landing in your hair! The where gigantic lilly pads dangling out over the ponds. They looked like they belonged in the Amazon! 
 Adam took this picture, he has demanded I mention that he did! 
We then decided to head to Northlew, a small village 5 miles away from Okehampton. The reason for this was because my grandparents used to live there and when I was younger I used to go and stay there a lot. There wasn't and never has been much there but I wanted to see what their old house looked like! The house is situated just up the road from a stables and right next to a cow field. So when I was growing up and used to stay at my Grandparent's I witnessed a lot of calf births, I even was kept up through the night with the cows mooing away! I also used to go to the local church quite a bit, I was always asked to do readings nearly every Sunday! The Vicar would pop over on a Saturday evening, always timed it when my nan was getting in her night dress haha, and asked me to learn a paragraph or two for the next day! Being a little bit of a diva I quite enjoyed getting up in front of the majority of the village to show off my amazing reading skills ;) 


I used to love spending my weekends there! I loved being surrounded by beautiful countryside and being able to take my 3 dogs, at the time, for a walk through the country lanes. It was so relaxing and peaceful, a nice getaway from the busy city! 

So after our little off trail drive we headed back to Tavistock. My mum was cooking us all dinner, turkey pie, roast potatoes and greens! The perfect hearty meal for a autumn evening. But before we headed back we stopped off in the pub for a quick drink! 


My preferred local in Tavistock is The Cornish Arms, a bistro style pub which has the most delicious food in the world! The setting is perfect, always a warming welcome and through the winter season the fire is constantly on the go! The decoration is beautiful. There is a classic cream vintage dresser next to the fire, decorated with old books, candles and check red ribbon. There are comfy sofa's as well as tables so you can feel all snuggle and cosy! 


 So after a nice pint we headed off back to mine for my mummy's delicious home cooked meal! In the evening we chilled out and stuck on a film! One of my favourite films Rain Man was on now TV so we decided to watch that one! Then, as I am so kind, I let Adam watch Match of the Day and surprisingly I feel asleep whilst it was on! Shocker!! ;) 

I hope you all liked the post, sorry there isn't much going on, I have recently started a new job so I am very busy! However I have a lot of new, fun and exciting posts planned coming very soon! 

Did you like the post? What did you do this weekend? Have you been on an Autumn stroll yet? Where is your favourite place to take a stroll? 

Have a great week! 

Aleesha 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS